Got 100% confirmation of my World Vision sponsored child visit today! They had received and processed the police clearance within 2 days of receipt! This is a huge relief - now I am definitely able to do the visit.
Emailed Dr Burke back home about malaria prophylaxis advice in Malaysia, turns out the risk is low but not nil, and in light of several of our relatives becoming ill recently, we've decided to go on doxycycline prophylaxis (except Sophie because she is too young).
Also managed to sort out my hotel in Dodoma, for 15,000 shillings a night ($13 a night). I had to pick which hotel to stay in... Decided on the Cana Lodge (it was recommended by Lonely Planet). When I called World Vision to inform them of my hotel location and where to pick me up, they told me that the hotel I was in was very near their Dodoma office! What a pleasant coincidence. Good choice indeed =)
In Tanga we headed straight to De'Amore, our favourite Pizza place - to have our last pizza there, and we planned to go to Exotica restaurant tonight to have the awesome indian food like last time. Unfortunately the pizza place doesn't serve pizzas during lunch time!! So we headed to Mkonge to have lunch there, which was indian style and similar to Exotica... Although not quite as good and more expensive. The plan now was to have pizza at night instead. There were lots of cats at Mkonge who wanted food so I fed them some. They even ate bits of my ice cream! Quite cute... Maybe we should get a kitten and a puppy and raise them together and see if they get along...
Headed to the pharmacy where i bought 200 doxycycline tablets (enough for our whole family - 30 tablets each) - for a grand total of 6000 shillings ($5.20 AUD) - this amount of money would be enough to get me 7 tablets in Perth, and I managed to get 200! (These are Indian generics though, but they should work just as well).
Went to the Mzungu supermarket to buy Mt Kilimanjaro supplies. We really went all out - bought lots of glucose powder, powdered drinks, loads of oreos, kitkats, mars bars, snickers, twix, bounty... To make sure we're always energized on Kili! Ended up spending a fair bit of money, but it might be worth it!
Had dinner at the pizza place, it was fantastic, I had a hawaiian pizza. Hari and I tipped our favourite waitress 5000 shillings each (its a lot of money for the local people) - and she said she really appreciated it. She'd served us pizza every single week for the 6 weeks we'd been in Tanzania... So we felt she deserved it.
No comments:
Post a Comment