Saturday, January 09, 2010

BLOGGE(RED) Day 29

Saturday. Had a really nice breakfast consisting of fruits, hot chocolate, hot buns, cheese omelette and doxycycline. Very satisfying.

We were offered to go snorkelling today and visit Sand Island on the dhow (small boat) however the weather was not good and the water was quite choppy. It wasn't quite raining so we took a walk on the beach which was nice, but not as nice as the beach on Misali island off the coast of Pemba which we went to two weeks ago. Went for a swim in the sea (quite shallow even though we went quite far out) for about half an hour, then just lay on the beach (sunbathing?) relaxing, listening to music, and I probably fell asleep for a bit. I put on a lot of sunscreen but I think I still got a little burned anyway. Some parts of my upper body and my knees became red and quite sore.

Went back in time for lunch where I had the famous beef burger! It was definitely delicious and much more qualified to be called a beef burger than what I ate at food palace the day before! Very tender meat, and hopefully safe! (I heard a lot of good things about the meat at Peponi so was more than happy to try). I'd been mostly vegetarian during the week at the hospital so its nice to be able to have some meat again.



After lunch we played poker and then relaxed by the pool. I had my laptop with me and was reading stuff but there were kids that kept doing bombies into the pool and splashing water all over my laptop. Not a good thing to do. So I took it inside the bandas. Then had a bit of a sleep, and went for dinner. You can see the pattern emerging - not doing very much but just relaxing a lot. This is what a resort should be!



For dinner I had the best meal I have had so far. "Surf and Turf" it was called, basically a steak served with garlic butter prawns and fried calamari. The meat was cooked so tender and tasty, it just melted in my mouth literally. So succulent. The prawns and calamari were equally delicious. I would eat this every night. Except tomorrow I'd like to try something different, there's too many yummy options on the menu!



After dinner we played poker and a few other card games until late into the night. We stayed in the dining area to play our games as we didn't want to wake any neighbours! It was a fun night, some of the others went for a dip in the pool but I was tired and went to bed.

No comments: