Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Procrastination

I think I'm getting quite good at the art of procrastinating.

I enjoy sitting and thinking about nothing, blankly organising my thoughts into separate compartments or rooms, in many ways similar to the movie Dreamcatcher adapted from the novel by Stephen King, one of my favourite authors.

Most of the time this is not beneficial, but it seems to be useful at the time. In retrospect this is not such a good idea. Yet the very existence of this Blog begs the question - why aren't I studying?

I have plans, I'm not so disorganised, am I? I wanted to do the English Literature 2004 TEE Paper tonight... but I couldn't find it. Blame it on the Curriculum Council, only releasing it to us, what, on the actual day of the exam. Pfft... don't give us time to prepare, then. No, there was a practice paper of the subject I had wanted to attempt tonight - three essays of Prose, Poetry and Drama to be written in a flurry of waffle, as usual.

I also suffer from never-ending fascination with new ideas, concepts, things. The passing of Calculus and Physics have invited much celebration on my part, and just sitting and reminiscing about how I never again have to look upon dy/dx and emf = -N BA / dt. This blogger thing falls quite well under the category of "new things" and hence is the object of tonight's procrastination. Addiction to MSN is another flaw of mine - why does chatting seem to forever surpass the need to study? Perhaps its human nature - playtime rules?

As can be imagined, my plans for tonight in terms of completing the Literature paper remain unfulfilled at this hour 11:11pm - what a lovely number - perhaps I am lucky for gazing upon the digital clock at this exact minute... I wonder if it was 11 seconds too - but the digital CMOS clock chooses to keep that hidden for some odd reason.

"Stop Crying Your Heart Out" by Oasis is playing in the background, evoking a pleasant atmosphere of memories, high school, and drawing my thoughts away from that Literature paper and Chemistry paper I would have perhaps done tonight had I not been distracted by the numerous distractions omnipresent in such a fast paced modern society. Perhaps we would all be better off in the 1600s.

The end of TEE is less than 2 weeks from now, with only 4 exams remaining:
Friday 12th November Chemistry
Monday 15th November English Literature
Tuesday 16th November Economics
Friday 19th November Applicable Mathematics

Looking forward to the end of TEE where we can all have a blast - (pool) parties, dinners, picnics, movies, cycling, driving, working (Hoyts is so much fun), and of course Leavers '04!

No comments: